Have any of these thoughts about covid crossed your mind in the last few weeks?
1. It’s not that bad/it’s getting safer with our behavior changes.
2. Other people are getting sick but it’s not as bad as it was.
3. Yeah, people are still dying but that won’t happen to me.
4. I haven’t gotten it/died yet so I’ll probably be ok doing what I’m doing.
5. My kids are resilient. They’ll be fine.
6. I’m just ready to live my life and I’ll have to deal with it as I can since I can’t change it.
That’s desensitization. It happens when there is something so huge in your life that you
have to figure out a way to live with it. It’s a survival mechanism.
So if you ever wonder how people end up staying in abusive and toxic relationships, you can see it clearly. They simply get used to it. And it’s dangerous.